Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Plantinga Ch. 2

"According to God's intelligence, the way to thrive is to help others to thrive; the way to flourish is to cause others to flourish; the way to fulfill yourself is to spend yourself." That quote really sums up what I felt this chapter was all about. God made his creation perfect and beautiful. But it is all about our decisions and choices that determine how we make our world.
God gives humans authority to make decisions. Lewis breaks down why creation is important. There is a huge significance to the creation story. Lewis focused on our relationship to the creation story and how we were created and what we were created for. Another topic that he spoke about the importance of rest. We work hard all week, and need to recuperate and praise God for what he has given us throughout the previous week and prepare for the week ahead.
This whole chapter was very thought provoking. I thought about many aspects of life, my life in particular. I feel so fallen, but so saved and loved at the same time. God made everything so perfect, and I have messed up so much. I thought about the amazing grace that God shows me infinitely. He is the ultimate creator and has made everything perfect and special. Including me. Which helps comfort me and help me understand how much God really does love me.
I almost felt guilty reading this. Reading about being redeemable makes me feel as if I am taking advantage of an amazing gift. I am so selfish, but He is so giving. I need to change my selfishness to glorifying God.

No comments:

Post a Comment