Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Plantinga Ch. 3

The Fall. The beginning of this chapter is very sobering. *On a side note, I guess I have been using that word a lot. "Sobering". I need to use that word in many senses. I have been drinking a lot and I need to change my habits.* With that being said, we tend to look at the creation story and see how good God made everything and how perfect He is. Its hard for us, or for me at least, to look at the fact that we ruined perfection. "We look at paradise, not paradise lost."
On page 49, it says "Human life is not the way it's supposed to be." We messed up. And sometimes I feel like no one has messed up more than I have. I can't believe that God loves me even though I am so fallen. The importance of the fall is much too easily forgotten. I forget so often how lucky I am that we follow a gracious God. John 3:16 is a verse that I will never forget. It is one of the first verses I was ever taught, and would guess that most Christians know it. I need to stop taking it as granted. I would really like to begin living the right way again. I just need to be patient and understanding. But that does cause some problems. We are arrogant and prideful. We are corrupt. Half the time, we don't even see what is wrong with our lives. We like to think we are living the right way, doing good things. But in complete reality, we are disappointing God. God hates sin, and everytime we sin, we are betraying Him, hurting Him. That has been crazy to me because He gave us His Son, and we betray Him, day in and day out. I really feel like I need to reexamine my life, and sober up (in a God sense).

No comments:

Post a Comment